Actuarial Data Science Strategy
With digitalization, and thereby the evolvement of new technologies and data-driven decision-making, there are considerable changes in the insurance industry. As a consequence, actuaries need to adapt to the new environment and redefine their role in the insurance industry and the skills they have.
The working group has worked out a strategy how the Swiss Association of Actuaries and the actuarial profession should evolve in order to deal with the current challenges in digitalization and Data Science.
The strategy paper can be downloaded here (in German) or here (in English). Have a look at it and let us know your thoughts about it. The document contains some basic definitions of often used terms, does an in-depth analysis of actuarial and data science skills and suggests a vision and measures for the Swiss Association of Actuaries.
The working group has worked out an overview in which we list some topics and areas where already fully qualified actuaries could upskill to get more into the Data Science topics. The file can be downloaded here.
Presentations and Articles
We have given the following presentations about our work:
- Neural Networks and Random Forest in Insurance Risk Modeling (Video), 26th June 2020, SDS2020, Online
- Mensch-Maschine-Interaktionen, 2020, Geschäftsbericht 2019, Die Mobiliar
- Wie Data Science zukünftig den Beruf des Aktuar prägen wird, December 2019, Universität St. Gallen - Institut für Versicherungswirtschaft
- Erkenntnisse zu Neuronalen Netzen in der Nicht-Leben Tarifierung, 2nd December 2019, Daten, Zahlen, Algorithmen - Data Science in der Schadenversicherung im Fokus, Cologne
- Recent Achievements and Perspectives in Actuarial Data Science, 13th September 2019, ETH Risk Day 2019, Zurich
- Fachgruppe Data Science - Strategie, 1st September 2018, General Assembly of the SAA, Zurich
- Actuaries and Data Scientists in the Insurance Industry, 19th June 2018, Summer event of the Young Actuaries of the SAA, Küsnacht
- Fachgruppe Data Science - Gründung einer neuen Fachgruppe, 2017, SAA Bulletin